As a founding member of the Santa Clarita AthleticIndependent League (SCAIL), Legacy boys and girls have the opportunity to build school identity, pride, and cohesion on and off the field.
Peers, parents, and faculty share the thrill of victory with our championship-winning student athletes which include the following activities:
SCAIL - Santa Clarita Athletic Independent League
Currently, SCAIL has a membership of 10 schools:
- Legacy Christian Academy
- Trinity Classical Academy
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School
- Santa Clarita Christian School
- Santa Clarita Valley International
- Gorman Learning Center Santa Clarita
- Delphi Academy of Los Angeles
- Concordia Christian School
- ILEAD Schools Agua Dulce
- Palmdale Aerospace Academy
The purpose of the Legacy Christian Academy Athletic Program is to enhance our overall mission.
Legacy Christian Academy is committed to providing a comprehensive, rigorous, and well-rounded preparatory education to students in kindergarten through eighth grade within a Christian, family-oriented, safe learning environment. We are dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of Christian character in our students.
To do so, we seek to provide students with opportunities for athletic competition in a variety of sports. Sports are offered for grades 1-8. The Athletic Department believes that sports give students the opportunity to practically learn how to honor God while striving for excellence in all that they do. The purpose of the athletic program is to teach students to develop a Christ-like attitude and lifestyle. We will emphasize Christian character and expect our athletes to represent our school in a God honoring way.
The athletic program at Legacy Christian Academy is designed to complement our commitment to academics and Christian values. We desire our students to see athletic participation as a means to develop and grow as part of a team effort and not for self-glorification. The success of our program must be measured by the quality of the young people that we produce and not just our win-loss record. Every team that plays, plays to win; however, winning is not our primary goal. It is our goal to use sports for the glory of God and in doing so, we can train student athletes with the proper perspective on these great activities. Listed below are several key principles that will guide our Athletic Department at LCA:
- In keeping with the overall mission of Legacy Christian Academy, Athletics is another opportunity to develop the whole student, physically, socially, mentally, and spiritually.
- We will seek to honor God by demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit in a competitive atmosphere.
- We will teach students to win and lose with dignity, maturity, and grace.
- We will teach the students to set and achieve goals, to respond properly to authority, to keep composure under pressure, to learn self-discipline - lessons that are effectively learned on the field of competition.