We are committed to a distinctly Christian education that provides an environment emphasizing the teaching and appreciation of God's Word as it applies to students' studies and to their character. We have a seminary-trained Bible teacher who instructs the students each week. Each lesson is exciting and age appropriate.
Teachers also integrate the Bible in subject areas as well as instill Christian-like behavior in all students by sharing a morning devotional and having classroom prayer time. Legacy's character education program also focuses on monthly character traits that are reinforced through Bible verses, role playing, and classroom activities.
Students gather on Friday mornings for chapel to hear messages from quality local pastors. Every year Legacy selects and new topic to study. This year's theme is “God is faithful to all of His promises and the verse for the year is Psalm 145:13. Classes gather together (Elementary at 8:45 a.m. and Middle School at 9:45 a.m.) for a time of singing worship songs, led by a talented group of musicians. Character awards are also given out to nominated students. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend our chapel times.
Fall Camp is a time for the middle school students and staff to go away on a retreat for three days. It is designed to deepen relationships, make memories, and grow spiritually. Each day is packed full of teaching, singing, playing, and hanging with friends.
Each Friday, the middle school students break into discipleship groups. These groups are designed to encourage spiritual growth and accountability. Boys and girls are separated and paired with a staff member, who leads discussion about how to apply the chapel message.
Students have various opportunities to show the love of Christ to others. We currently partner with The City of Santa Clarita, Children’s Hunger Fund, Operation Christmas Child, various disaster relief funds, The Michael Hoefflin Foundation, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Jump Rope for Heart.
Once a month, in lieu of homework, students and parents work closely together to complete a “Heartwork” assignment that corresponds with the “Character Trait of the Month.” This partnership between home and school builds consistency in a child’s moral development.
Legacy's character education program is built into the very fabric of the school.
To be a Legacy student is to be a child who honors God and respects peers, school personnel, and civil and government leaders. Students learn from kindergarten onward the importance of demonstrating integrity and kindness and contributing time and energy to improve the lives and surroundings of others in their school, their community, and in distant lands.
Each month, the entire school focuses on a particular character trait.
The trait is introduced in the classroom with an explanation of what it means and what it looks like in relationships. Class activities, community projects, and role playing are used to reinforce the traits and provide practical applications for students. A related Bible verse is also presented each week. When students display the character trait of the month, they are praised by peers and teachers. All Legacy staff members strive to instill and reinforce good character and biblical values in our students.
Legacy maintains the "Character Caught" program to further reinforce positive character traits such as responsibility, kindness, leadership, and respect.
In this program, teachers, administrators, parents, and fellow students complete a "Character Caught" form when they "catch" a student displaying excellent character inside or outside of school. These students are recognized publicly in their classrooms. At each school-wide assembly, several exceptional acts of good character are recognized by the principal in front of the entire student body. Parents of these special students are invited to the assembly to join in the celebration of good character.
Legacy Character Trait focus for each month
Supporting someone even when the going gets tough.
- Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loves at all times."
- Proverbs 3:3 - "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."
- Proverbs 28:30 - "A faithful man will be richly blessed."
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 - "God is faithful."
Putting the needs and wants of others before our own.
- Phillipians 2:3 - "Do nothing from selfish ambitions...but consider others better than yourself."
- Phillipians 2:4 - "Do not merely look out for your own interests, but also for the interests of others."
- Matthew 7:12 - "However you want people to treat you, so treat them."
- Proverbs 19:17 - "He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done."
Waiting with a happy heart.
- Proverbs 19:11 - "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 - "Love is patient; love is kind."
- Proverbs 14:29 - "A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly."
- Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart."
Proverbs 1:5 - "A wise man will hear and increase in learning."
- James 1:19 - "But let everyone be quick to hear and slow to speak."
- Proverbs 12:15 - "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice."
- Proverbs 4:1 - "Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding."
Working hard to accomplish a task
- Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
- Proverbs 22:29 - "Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings."
- Proverbs 13:4 - "The desires of the diligent are fully satisfied."
- Proverbs 14:23 - "In all labor (work) there is profit."
It is better to give than to receive
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 -"God loves a cheerful giver."
- Acts 20:35 - "It is more blessed to give than to receive."
- Proverbs 11:25 - "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor."
"Doing what you are told the first time with a good attitude (or happy heart)."
- Proverbs 13:20 “Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.
- Ephesians 6:1 “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
- Romans 13: 1-2 “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.”
- Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and your mother…so that you may live long and that it may go well with you…”·
To forget someone's wrongdoing.
- Colossians 3:12 & 13 - "Bear with one another and forgive each other, just as the Lord forgave you."
- Ephesians 4:32 - "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other."
- Matthew 18:21 & 22 - "How many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me?" "Seventy times seven."
- Nehemiah 9:17 - "You are a God of forgiveness, slow to anger and abounding in loving kindness."
Choosing to do what is right.
- James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously."
- Proverbs 12:15 - "A wise man listens to advice."
Luke 16:10 - "He who is faithful in little, is also faithful in much."
- Proverbs 20:11 - "Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is true and right."
- Proverbs 28:20 - "A faithful man will be richly blessed."
- Proverbs 14:23 - "In all labor (work) there is profit."
Showing appreciation for another person's kindness
- Ephesians 5:20 - "...giving thanks always for all things, to God, the Father."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God."
- Psalm 107:1 - "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good."
- 1 Timothy 4:4 - "For everything created by God is good, and it should be received with gratitude."